Tuesday, September 10, 2019

African Safari 2019-Chimps, Gorillas, and the Migration Day 12


Day 12: Fly to Cottars Camp

Slight problem this morning. Flew on small light aircraft to Masai Mara. Flight was great but when I went to take out my laptop when we arrived at the camp, my heart sank. My MacBook was gone.  This time, it wasn’t thieves, just stupidity. I left it on the conveyor belt at security.
Julia, here at the camp was great. She made some calls, and she found it!!! Whew!!! Not sure if I will get it before we return to Nairobi, so it may be several days before I do any more blogging. Check back in a few.


Nairobi's Bank Tower

Our 1920's ride.  Rolls Royce

Camp Manager, Sam, and our tracker, Lasasi, came to the dirt airstrip to greet us.



Masai herder
Our tent, Duma, means cheetah in the local Masi dialect

Our "tent"


View from our tent

Camp swing


Late afternoon game drive








Cheetah









Happy cheetah






Cinnamon chested bee eater


Hyena

Mother and Baby

Getting dark










No comments:

Post a Comment