Friday, September 9, 2022

Spanish Holiday; Day 7

Day 7:  Final Ride, Goodbyes, and off to Sevilla 

We woke to yet one more beautiful morning in Mallorca.  A full bike trip with no rain and minimal winds.  Maybe we are past the bad trip inflection point and on our way up! Sunrise over the vineyards of the hotel was gorgeous, with pink clouds and very moderate temperatures.

The route this morning was a 19 mile lollipop with only one hill (14% grade, though).  The ride was really quite nice, riding along country lanes through vineyards and sheep pastures.







The 14% hill was a bear, requiring a short stop at the top to get some air into my lungs.  I think my bout with COVID took a bit of a toll on my lungs that I hadn't noticed until they were stressed to the max on this trip.  Hopefully, they will improve over time.

At the halfway point, we met up for coffee at the town square in a small village, 



then the return trip.  We left before the rest of the group, thinking we'd get a head start, but either they drank way more coffee than they needed, or we picked it up.  We were the first back!




After retrieving our pedals and saddle, and a much needed shower, we did our final packing  and went for a walk on the grounds before lunch. 

We sampled grapes from the vineyard,






figs from the garden,

and even a lime (pucker up!)


Lunch was another fantastic meal, here at Son Brull. We then boarded our bus to the airport and said our goodbyes to Carlos and Borja.

We had a near mishap at the airport.  After security, Jeri got pulled out for a random search.  No problem, there, but about 5 minutes afterward, while in the bathroom, I got a notification from my Apple tags that 3 bags were no longer with me.  Problem was that we only checked 2 bags.  I had left my carry-on at the security area!  We ran back and a nice TSA equivalent woman had put it aside and took me right to it. The tags paid for themselves , yet, again.

We are sitting in the lounge awaiting our flight to Sevilla to meet up with Dave and Molly.  Looking forward to seeing and traveling with them on another adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment