Friday, October 19, 2018

Corsica/Tuscany Day 9

Day 9: Bastia and Rain Again
Another miserable day, stuck in port in Bastia another day.  Bill offered a bike ride  around the north cape of Corsica, or a bus ride along the route, but the forecast (as well as the the morning weather) was awful, rain and fog all day.  We decided the ride sounded unsafe and very unpleasant and the bus sounded like a bus (I have a real aversion to bus ravel, and I avoid it whenever I can), not to mention the fact that the fog and rain would obscure any decent views.


Instead, Jeri, Beth, Erik and I walked around the town a bit and did a little shopping, followed by veging the rest of the day.  Not my idea of a good time, but safe and dry.







We are off to Cinque Terra (mainland Italy) tomorrow for a day of hiking.  No cycling again, but the weather is supposed to improve drastically.
On a very sad note, my point and shoot camera died.  Taking pictures in the rain was too much for the old (actually pretty new) camera.  I dried drying it, but to no avail.  I now have only my large, heavy SLR and my cell phone.  Not taking the SLR on the bike, but will schlepp it in Cinque Terra.






No comments:

Post a Comment